It is a good thing I can learn from my mistakes because this project has been doomed from the jump.
I finally bought a router. I’ve wanted one for years but couldn’t really justify buying one. Looking back at the last year or two I decided that I could actually put one to good use. I have been consistently producing new art and I have made a couple frames so now was the time. I bought a base model, without any bells or whistles, figuring the things I have planned are pretty simple and I still don’t know how much I am going to use it. I also grabbed a 2×2 for my first project.
I am lucky I didn’t seriously injure myself or break the router. I did not have a good handle on how a router works. Maybe a nicer router would be able to do what I was trying but I found out pretty quickly that patience is key when using it.
Due to my enthusiasm, I made about every mistake I possibly could have during this project. I measured once, cut twice. Nothing fit correctly. I didn’t take my time when cutting so all my edges are rough…ugh.
It was so much fun and I learned so much. When I’m done I will have two pieces because the drawing didn’t fit the first frame so now I’m working on a new drawing and then I’ll have to work on the new frame. The only problem is I like the new drawing more than the first but I’m sure I’m going to like the new frame more than the first too. So apparently this is going to be a series.